help for a newbie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laura9797

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thank to Larry for identifying my Briareum. Now if ya'all can help me figure out what is going on with it, I would really appreciate it!
1. Type & how long you have had it: Briareum - about 2 months
2. Current lighting & Bulb Age: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures 24" Fixture - Two of these and one 46"
Marineland Reef LED Light Fixture

3. Nitrate:0
4. Calcium:480
5. Phosphate:.25
6. Alkalinity?
7. pH?
8. Salinity: .24
9. Temperature:
10. Current amount of flow: two powerheads
11. Explanation of problem: was doing great and spreading now looks to be dying off? I had a problem with my coralife super skimmer and have what is probably considered a heavy bio load. I believe it was probably dry skimming so I have increased it to start wet skimming. I also have had a problem with red slime and have been dosing with N03 P04x which is a biological nitrate and phosphate reducer that has shown to prevent the red slime. Haven't seen a tremendous impact but was told it could take about a month to start seeing results. We are almost at the month mark.
Thanks for any suggestions! I took this photo a couple of days ago...it looks worse today ) :http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm278/laurapmccracken/grass.jpg

Back
Top Bottom