Originally Posted by revhtree
Well I didnt dry my LR off before I put it in the main tank so it had some water on it...guess Im screwed!!
Dont kill your self just yet, it is very possible you didnt get it into your main tank. I am not to sure about the little bit of water on your LR
. We will let someone else post about that.
Actually C. irritans
can live on any hard surface in which it uses to encycst and multiply. That is one reson you should never
use the same equipment between the QT
and main. The potential to transfer the parasite is very high.
If the main tank is left fallow for 6 weeks, you should be just fine. Also make sure the Cupramine treatment is maintained in the QT
for a full 14 days, longer if parasites are still present.
What copper test kit are you using?