HELP!!!!!! i am discouraged.... rid of ich still losing fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cajunbaby75

Aquarium Advice Regular
well rid of ich lost regal tang to it, other fish has been doing well with treatment until this morning 2 stressed on bottom of tank med suggested 75% water change at any signs of stress i did that still lost clown tang, emperor still hanging in there as well as clown and royal gramma, all labored breathing and emperor pale looking cant find my goby??!! water parameters are as follows NO2 <0.3 mgl , NO3 12.5 MGL, NH3/NH4 0.25 to 1.5 mg/l, Salinity 1.020, Temp 82* i replaced the fitration as directions indicated, could my tank be trying to cycle again with new filtration in it? any suggestions would be helpful please i dont want to lose anymore fish !!!!!

those readings on your water would indicate that you are going thru some kind of cycle. Big water change coupled with a filter change can easily cause another cycle. Way too high on all the levels, and your salinity it pretty low. What else is in your tank? Live rock or inverts? Also do have a PH level? (the experts are gonna ask about that). How old is the tank and how many gallons? What kind of filters are you using? Would also say to find the goby.

If it's passed away it will cause amonia spikes as it decomposes. At this point it's going to be hard.

With that water I'd do another 25% water change today, then another 15% or so daily for a few days. Make sure the surface of the tank is being churned real well to raise the oxygen and gas exchange. The experts will probably need to know what medications you're using.

salinity is low because im bringing it back up from 1016 , 90 gal FOWLR @ 75 lbs, live sand do have 5 snails, 1 juvi emperor,1 clown,1 royal gramma, and goby <somewhere> PH is 7.7 to 8.0 tank is @ 9 months <90> fuval 304 canister, protein skimmer problem is i really cant do another water change i wont have any RO water til tommorrow evening I used last today and had to also add tap with aquasafe <hating this> the medication is clout which i have stopped

i hope i have provided need info for more advice......update...... clown fish and royal gramma doing better not laboring...but juvi still looks the same

I agree with smooth, sounds like you are going through another cycle. What exactly is in clout? I am unfamiliar with the product? Is it an antibiotic? If so,
it could have killed off your beneficial bacteria in your filtration, both live sand and fluval media. As you slowly bring your salinity up, also be bringing your ph up.
Water changes is the route I would recommend. Whether or not the fish pull through will depend on the stamina/sensitivity of the fish. Sorry I could not offer a more concrete answer.

Clout ingrediants
Ingredients:
4-[P-(dimethylamino)-O-phenylbenzylidene]-2
5-cyclohexadien-1-xylidene dimethylammonium chloride
Dimethyl (2,2,2,Trichloro-1-Hydroxyethyl) Phosphonate
1,2,dimethyl-5-nitroimidazole

Don't know enough about marine tanks to advise you any more, but I do know that Clout would wreck havoc on my chiclid tanks the one time I used it to combat Malawi bloat, it's pretty heavy duty stuff. Even using tap water I'd continue with the 15% water changes and run some GAC in the Fluval for a while.

Sorry for your losses.

ty for the responses everyone seems fine ph is 8.0 how do i increase it? and i am running GAC emperor is out color comming back still not swimming like he was will continue to monitor and do 15% water change should i bring salintiy up any?

ty for the understanding
i have had a rough weekend :cry:

Clout is toxic to many marine animals and it will not cure SW ich. It sounds like you may be making several of the classical mistakes that new marine aquarist make. This would include failing to quarantine all new fish for 3+ weeks BEFORE they go into the display tank, taking advice from a LFS that doesn't know what they are talking about, not researching each species well before purchasing them, buying delicate species before you have had long term success keeping easier to keep species healthy, probably not reading many good books on our hobby and going way too fast. Am I right about any of this? If so you are not alone, these are very common mistakes. Knowledge should come before everything else. I suggest that you read up on hyposalinity and quarantine.
HTH,
Terry B

thank you for your help i do know i made a mistake not putting my last fish in QT but the others were all well for @7-8 months with no problems , i have read up and have had fish before im not wanting to be rediculed for my mistake all i ask is for advice as for clout i read the package and followed what it says to do i know any meds are not good for any fish , and yes im still learning about sw life but who isnt as far as long term what do you consider long term? as far as our hobby it is any ones hobby and as i said before all i asked was for advice not to be rediculed as far as too fast i waited 3 months BEFORE i even added fish to my tank because i was researching the species i wanted to keep i still have questions and concerns as does anyone and im not above making mistakes....as are you ...so again thank you for the advice but you can refrain from the ridiculing

Back
Top Bottom