Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
If it is indeed Ich, then you have two choices. Keep fish stress-free and maintain pristine water conditions...basically hope they are all strong enough to fight it off. The Ich will still have the fish as a host, so it can come back.

Second option is to QT your fish, treat with copper or Hyposalinity and then leave your DT fallow for six weeks. Your QT fish should be cured and they go back into a clean, Ich-free tank. It stresses the fish, but the end result is worth it, IMO.

Raising temp really does nothing (that works more with FW fish). Cleaner shrimp or wrasses don't do anything. Freshwater dips can help, but are not a cure, as they will likely not get it all. Feeding garlic supplements is supposed to help the immune system, so that can't hurt, but again its not a cure.
Glad someone finally commented that knows about salt water.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry it took a while...I was out of town and never had a chance to get in here.

There are lots of online articles about saltwater Ich and treatments ( what works and what doesn't). There are also tons of threads on here with information and even links to some if those articles. It's a good idea to familiarize with this, as there is a lot of bad info out there and a lot of people see the white spits disappear and think the Ich is gone, when it really is not.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
Sorry it took a while...I was out of town and never had a chance to get in here.

There are lots of online articles about saltwater Ich and treatments ( what works and what doesn't). There are also tons of threads on here with information and even links to some if those articles. It's a good idea to familiarize with this, as there is a lot of bad info out there and a lot of people see the white spits disappear and think the Ich is gone, when it really is not.
I have a really good way I treat for freshwater, but I don't know anything about saltwater. I didn't want to not give any information.

Tags
foxface, ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com