Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Question Help... I think my six line wrasse is dying

I just bought a young six line wrasse yesterday afternoon which I did only after first having my water tested at the lfs.

The results were normal so i brought him home and I drip acclimated him for over an hour and added him to my tank.

He immediately hid in my set of caves i built in my live rock and i saw him only for a split second last night.

I noticed early this afternoon that he was swimming upside down and he didnt look very good. Then i found him stuck to the filter intake but he was still moving. I attempted to use a net to remove him but then he hid himself in a spot i couldnt get to with my net. I decided to let him die in peace but then when i went back to remove him later he was gone!
I later saw him darting in and out of my cave system seemingly fine!

What happened? HELP

Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

Six line wrasses are very quirky fish...if you turn on your tank lights in the middle of the night, he will swim all sorts of goofy ways. I'm glad to hear he was doing better this afternoon. He will probably be fine, just keep an eye on him. He was probably just disoriented from the new environment.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy8184 View Post
Six line wrasses are very quirky fish...if you turn on your tank lights in the middle of the night, he will swim all sorts of goofy ways. I'm glad to hear he was doing better this afternoon. He will probably be fine, just keep an eye on him. He was probably just disoriented from the new environment.
Thanks for the information!

Now the problem is getting the chance to see him again.

I havent seen him yet today and he hid for the rest of the night last night.

I read somewhere that they burrow under the sand when they are scared so i figure he is in my sand bed somewhere!

Thanks again for your help
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

No problem... Good Luck!
Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy8184 View Post
Most fish will swim all sorts of goofy ways if you turn the lights on in the middle of the night. You shouldnt turn your lights on in the middle of the night because this will stress and sscare your fish. Id try not to touch the tank after the lights go out and also if you can dull the light in stages.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dyi, dying, line, six line, wrasse

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com