Help... I think my six line wrasse is dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koco35

Aquarium Advice Regular
:nono:

I just bought a young six line wrasse yesterday afternoon which I did only after first having my water tested at the lfs.

The results were normal so i brought him home and I drip acclimated him for o:confused:ver an hour and added him to my tank.

He immediately hid in my set of caves i built in my live rock and i saw him only for a split second last night.

I noticed early this afternoon that he was swimming upside down and he didnt look very good. Then i found him stuck to the filter intake but he was still moving. I attempted to use a net to remove him but then he hid himself in a spot i couldnt get to with my net. I decided to let him die in peace but then when i went back to remove him later he was gone!
I later saw him darting in and out of my cave system seemingly fine!

What happened? HELP

Six line wrasses are very quirky fish...if you turn on your tank lights in the middle of the night, he will swim all sorts of goofy ways. I'm glad to hear he was doing better this afternoon. He will probably be fine, just keep an eye on him. He was probably just disoriented from the new environment.

Six line wrasses are very quirky fish...if you turn on your tank lights in the middle of the night, he will swim all sorts of goofy ways. I'm glad to hear he was doing better this afternoon. He will probably be fine, just keep an eye on him. He was probably just disoriented from the new environment.

Thanks for the information!

Now the problem is getting the chance to see him again.

I havent seen him yet today and he hid for the rest of the night last night.

I read somewhere that they burrow under the sand when they are scared so i figure he is in my sand bed somewhere!

Thanks again for your help:thanks:

Most fish will swim all sorts of goofy ways if you turn the lights on in the middle of the night. You shouldnt turn your lights on in the middle of the night because this will stress and sscare your fish. Id try not to touch the tank after the lights go out and also if you can dull the light in stages.

Back
Top Bottom