Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
That looks like ich to me on that powder blue, not oodinium.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

That's ich

Old 06-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

I don't know. I treated for 5 days with the stop parasite and my results were compete mortality. All the fish showed signs of cloudy eye, fin rot (torn up), faded colors and labored breathing. All the mentioned signs showed up and fish died within 24-48 hours. From all my research online it points more towards oodinium then ich. I could be wrong, but the quick die off sucks either way
Old 06-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftler View Post
I don't know. I treated for 5 days with the stop parasite and my results were compete mortality. All the fish showed signs of cloudy eye, fin rot (torn up), faded colors and labored breathing. All the mentioned signs showed up and fish died within 24-48 hours. From all my research online it points more towards oodinium then ich. I could be wrong, but the quick die off sucks either way
if you saw cloudy eye that would indicated a bacterial infection and you would of needed to treat for bacteria as well. sorry for your loss. I spoke to the manufacturer before using the product and they were very helpful.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

what did you use to treat it. The only sure cures are copper and hypo other then that your taking a gamble on weather they'll survive or not.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Hey listen i have a blue tang and i had the same issue and the best treatment for ich is ich attack but put double dose if you use the one for the reef . It worked for me very well but after time i found a better way to cure the ich - (garlic) the next day the blue tang had no more white spots , it took few days for the white spots to despair from the eyes but now looks beautiful. Blend the garlic, mix it with a little-bit of water from the tank and shake for few minutes until the water gets white. Take the garlic out of the water using a strainer and add some food to the garlic (frozen recommended - brain or mysis shrimp) and leave the food to absorb the garlic water for few minutes then put the food with the water in the fish tank and good luck. Let me know how it works for you .

Tags
ich

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com