Help! Is this Ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikksWife

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Clownfish, whom I have had for almost two years, has sick spots. I'm not positively sure that it's ich though! I have looked at multiple articles on ich, and everything that I have read has explained it as looking like small salt-like specks on the body. These spots are larger and fuzzy-ish. He is acting fine and eating well. No rubbing on anything in the tank or swimming cockeyed. I had a fish before that suffered from ich, a royal gramma, and after watching him look physically insane with his movements and such I thought I knew what it would look like if another fish got it. I'm not sure whats going on. I did a water change last night and the only thing that's a little out of the ordinary is the calcium level is a bit low. However, I am working on bringing that up. The spots are on the ends of his fins and a bit on his "chin". Help the little man out!

Attachments

• pictures_025_377.jpg
    pictures_025_377.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 45
Does not look like ick to me. My tank had ick, and thats not it. What it is? I will leave that to the experts on this site.

If its a fuzzy white spot it may be a fungal or bacterial infection of a wound.

In order for us to help can you post your parameters?
Any chance you can get a better pic?
It could be affected by a sporozoa.

A better pic would help, but that doesn't look like Ich to me. I also believe it is either fungal or bacterial.

Can you set up a QT/hospital tank for the clown? Start is off with water from your tank and make enough sw mix to do daily 10% water changes if you don't have filter material from your tank that can be moved over. 10% daily pwc in a hospital tank is always a good idea anyway...

Back
Top Bottom