Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2009, 03:50 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
oh wow man how old is your daughter? I dont even let a adult around my tank alone..... and yea change to sand its a much better than crushed coral just keep some crushed coral in a mesh tied up in the tank for a few days to help with the bacteria...

special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

my daughters are two and 1...I know it wasnt them..this happened between 3 am and 7 am...she was the only one up...I know it was her...she didnt even have to admit to it...the look on my face said what I was feeling and she instantly began to defend herself..I didnt even say anything about her being careless around my tank...guilty conscience...I dont know how you could think that I would not smell the bleach aroma coming from my tank...i spend soooo much time on my tnak I can tell when one of my snails is hiding out for a while or if my Nassarius snails need to be fed....I pretty much study my tank every day...well iM off to my LFS.. he gonna give me a credit to pay off in instalments so I can get my tank back up... ill let ya know how it goes. be back later

Thank you all for your comments and concerns

Old 08-14-2009, 04:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

That's such a shame. I hope everything works out OK with the corals. I'm not an expert but if it were me I would replace anthing that's pourous, except maybe the LR. I would attempt to salvage them mainly because of the expense. I would be real nervous with any livestock in there for a while though.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice28 View Post
happened between 3 am and 7 am...she was the only one up...I know it was her...she didnt even have to admit to it...the look on my face said what I was feeling and she instantly began to defend herself..
Just don't buy a rabbit or it may end up in boiling water!

Old 08-14-2009, 04:50 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

Next time I'm getting the silent treatment from my wife, I'll think of this thread and give her a kiss.

Sorry for your losses.. She really knew where to kick you
Old 08-14-2009, 04:53 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'll tell you one thing, she would not be around anymore if mine were to do it to me. That is the ultimate low - why would you want someone that would do such a thing around??
Old 08-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
Fish R friends, not food!

I still am not understanding. Do you think it was deliberate or careless? If it was the latter, then some talking to is in order. If it was the former, then some re-evaluating is in order.
spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kinda reminds me of the movie "War of the Roses" where she cooked up his dog and fed it to him.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
That's harsh. I couldn't still be with anyone that would just kill animals. Anyone that can just dump bleach in a fish tank scares me a little.

I hope you sort out your fish and all is well again
Old 08-14-2009, 05:37 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Dude that is horrible. I wouldn't put your corals back in your tank for a while. And i would guard the container there in just in case. I couldn't stand someone that would do that.

Hope it works out.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com