Help i've been bleached!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on the road to recovery

here are a few pis of the tank after the ordeal....I forgot i ordered some stuuf and it came in so I had to throw it in the tank..but all in all its doing ok, I lost a few shrooms but I still ahve some and some zoas but I still have the master colony...what so you all think

Attachments

• bottom shot.jpg
    bottom shot.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 66
  • front shot.jpg
    front shot.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 62
  • side shot.jpg
    side shot.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 94
seriously, is your girl mad at u OoO
seems like they r trying to get away your tanks.

glad to hear your other one is fine now. and it looks good ^^

Ithink it is all good

Well im past the initial act...it happened and it is over so I spent my energy on rebuilding instead of being angry, I would have not gotten anything accomplisherd, believe we had a nice fight(not literally) for three days... but all is dong well, I ended up doing like a 75% water change, I got the water form my LFS so it is the same water I always use to do small H2o changes so it wouldnt be that much of a shock. I changed out my substrate to 40 lbs of LS which I think helped out alot, I had alot of detrius in between the CC which had worked its way to the bottom of the tank, ran the tank empty(no livestock) for 24 hrs(I got a plastic tote to put everything in temporarily) let the sandstorm settle and get filtered out, added some buffer and changed out my carbon packs again, so fas so good, Im not too sure what happened to my pistol shrimp, I put him in the tank but I dont know where he is and I havent heard any clicking since that day.. Im thinking my engineer might have made a meal out of him he was kind of small...the bad part is, I get to tear it all down in about 2-3 months b/c we are moving HAHAHA...a mans work is never done. Im planning of switching tanks when we move so i will have more space to work with(width instead of height)

Well im past the initial act...it happened and it is over so I spent my energy on rebuilding instead of being angry

I would have to say that that is the best thing i've heard all day. Spend the energy on rebuilding rather than spending it on being angry. Im so glad you found a way to do this, as most people can not. Im glad your over your ordeal and i hope this never happens again.

I would have to say that that is the best thing i've heard all day. Spend the energy on rebuilding rather than spending it on being angry. Im so glad you found a way to do this, as most people can not. Im glad your over your ordeal and i hope this never happens again.

yea..im pretty hard to keep down, my tank is actually better now than it was lol, even added a few new additions to cheer me up a bit, she came home with a trachy brain, she didnt even know what it was but she bought it and was like here I know how much you love your tank i dont know what this is but the LFS said your tank is fine for keeping it. she still stands by the fact that she didnt do anything to the tank or if she did it was unintentional...like I said im over and done with it and planning on how im going to set up my tank upgrade lol...im thinking of just going big like from my 47 gal to 80-125 gallon someone said I shoul get a 55 long but im like I already got a 47..thats pretty close to 55 lol thats not a real upgrade...

You tell 'em, killer!

yea lol. well I was p.o'd at what happened, but like I said, everything is doing ok now. ceptfor my clowns with clown fish disease...but im taking care of that. I dont think she intentionally did it, accidents happen and in this hobby, accidents happen! but its all to the goodie now so thank you all for your help and input, I appreciate the tips and advice on how to fix my tank from all of you that gave it. this post is officially closed now.

holla at you all later thanks again

Back
Top Bottom