Help lion wont eat ANYTHING. Im about to give up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Y lionfish won't eat ANYTHING. I tried frozen.... NOTHING. Live, he ate two fish four or five days ago now he wont eat them. He looked at a fish today, swam a couple inches, and didn't seem to give a crap that it was an inch from his mouth. Any ideas? I really don't know what to do. He wasnt eating in the store but I loved him and couldn't pass him up, PLEASE HELP!!!!'

I don't know what to say other than next time wait to buy if he wont eat no matter how much you like him or think he's cool....

I have NO experience in the SW world, but what about soaking the food in garlic to get him to eat?

I'll try garlic tomorrow. I've now tried: frozen shrinp friend silversides frozen mishmash of stuff and live feeder fish. Please any more ideas are welcome. He doesn't look thin which is weird. Please.

I feel like live feeder fish are your best bet, but if he doesnt have the energy to try and catch one then its probably worthless. I would try feeder fish that are very slow so he has time to reach them? Not sure. What feeders are you using? Maybe mollies or guppys?

I've tried minnows, do you think could have cases lock jaw? Because he ate two the first time I tried to feed him...... Now nothing. Is there any cure for lockjaw?

Hi mate, there are 3 good possibility and 1bad. 1- lionfish r night hunters so it is eating while u in bed. 2- some or most lionfishes eat one to twice a week so thats fine 3- due to acclimation give it some time till it feels home 4- the fish is sad, most likely the first 2 reasons

Back
Top Bottom