help! Looks like ich!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sergie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Maybe I'm not understanding everything I read but my green clown goby had white spots all over it two weeks ago. They looked like they disappeared and reappeared 2 days later. Not long enough for ich cycle. He kept getting skinnier but would eat like a champ. No scratching and no unusual swimming. Very active. No heavy breathing and no cloudy eyes. Spots were not on gills. Well I finally found him dead but full of color. Still had red stripes, vibrant green, and no cloudy eyes. But some spots were gone. He was the only fish who had these spots. I havent added any new livestock in over two months. I'm setting up a hospital tank just incase but it didn't act like ich. He did not appear stressed. He would compete for food. Spots were on there for over two weeks. No other fish had them. Is there some other type of parasite?
If it was ich and they killed the fish too fast and didn't have enough time to mature and detach would the parasite survive the 70 some day cycle?

Back
Top Bottom