help me help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefpete

Aquarium Advice FINatic
introduced two clown to tank..and my damsel has been chasing one all day long for a week straight now....the clown has now a little thing behind his gill looks like a lump or something picture attached and now my damsel has white spots all over him...the other clown is okay as well as my gobby....what is it and what to do...im going to move both to hospital tank....they eat and swim fine and no issues like that...my lfs said for me to try and remove it off clown with my nails lol

Well, it really sounds like ich to me. Especially with your description of the white spots all over your fish. I would put both fish in the hospital tank and treat with either hyposalinity or copper treatment.

Also.. completely disregard that ridiculous advice from your pet store. Under no circumstances should you try and peel off the abscess from your fishes skin. Horrible advice. Just do the treatment.

Have a read at this article here to learn more about the ich parasite and how to treat your fish. Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

Well, it really sounds like ich to me. Especially with your description of the white spots all over your fish. I would put both fish in the hospital tank and treat with either hyposalinity or copper treatment.

Also.. completely disregard that ridiculous advice from your pet store. Under no circumstances should you try and peel off the abscess from your fishes skin. Horrible advice. Just do the treatment.

Have a read at this article here to learn more about the ich parasite and how to treat your fish. Marine Ich or White Spot Disease

Thanks so much i will do just that ....yea i was like are you serious hes like yea it should be fine crazy people these days i will have a look at that article aswell

No problem. And yeah, that was some crazy advice lol.

Also, just a word to the wise... if those two fish do have ich, it's almost certain that the other fish have ich as well unfortunately.. :( Marine Ich is a pretty aggressive parasite, and once it is in the water column, it's going to effect all of the fish that can biologically contract it. I think dragonettes are the only marine fish that can't contract it. Something with the fact that they don't have scales. I think eels too.. not sure about that one though.

Last edited:
Reefpete said:
Thanks so much i will do just that ....yea i was like are you serious hes like yea it should be fine crazy people these days i will have a look at that article aswell

Did you figure out everything?

Back
Top Bottom