Help!! My clown fishes are dying.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

comets55

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I are new to Marine creature. She bought 5 clown fishes and I bought another 5 for each of our houses. We got them from the breed center in southern part of Thailand.

At my girlfriend's tank, 2 weeks after they were past away, then the last one that i got left shown a sign of white stuff and it is eating its tail. When I compare with my tank, all survive perfectly.

I don't know if it is causes fungus or bacteria. I noticed that my girlfriend put her hand into the water to arrange live rock and small coral 4-5 times a week. Can any one tell me what happen? And how to cure....she seems hurting and I want to save her.

Comets55

Attachments

• image-1972865197.jpg
    image-1972865197.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 158
Here's close up picture.

Attachments

• image-1665208539.jpg
    image-1665208539.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 164
Hi, i am unable to find any medication or any salt that contain Nitrofurazone in Thailand. As it is illegal, it would cause cancer on any living organism. Do you have other option?

Cheers....

Are these in QT (tanks look bare)? Did you cycle the tanks prior to adding them? If not you should be doing 50% water changes. Another med goes by the consumer name Maracyn (erythromycin) or Baytril (enrofloxacin). If you can't get a hold of these use a slime coat protectant and vigorous water changes (75% daily).

So, the medication name that u recommended is for human? So, i gonna rush to the local Pharmacist now.

I'm running out to find that medic. However, my girlfriend change the water according to your method in a bare tank.

She also use what our local people called "Japanese Yellow Medication", I read its label and it said it will help heal the decease that cause from bacterias. The sachet looks like this...

Attachments

• image-1463535632.jpg
    image-1463535632.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 108
  • image-707001723.jpg
    image-707001723.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 104
If your speaking of Baytril, it's used on various animals. Heh, the yellow med...what's it actually consist/made of?

I just got back but it is quite late (9:17pm in Thailand) and all pharmacy were all closed. I believe it is consisting of "Sodium nifurstyrenate". Is this good enough?

Yes! Sodium nifurstyrenate falls within the nitrofuran category of antibacterial medications.

Yess...should be ok then. Many thanks. Will keep u posted.

Im betting the reason for infecfion is fighting because of 5 clowns in the same tank. They cut each other up and infection sets in.

I already separate all B&W out to my short 24" tank. I also use plastic PP board to separate 4 B&W into 2 pair (bcoz I only have 1 side water filtration. Is that good enough?

Then, in my main tank (30") i left only 3 perculars in there as I don't see them bite each other.

All my actions ok now? So, I can sleep happy.

As long as they are cohabitating without creating wounds you should be ok. Make sure to add various pvc for hiding.

comets55 said:
I already separate all B&W out to my short 24" tank. I also use plastic PP board to separate 4 B&W into 2 pair (bcoz I only have 1 side water filtration. Is that good enough?

Then, in my main tank (30") i left only 3 perculars in there as I don't see them bite each other.

All my actions ok now? So, I can sleep happy.

Long term that is not a solution.

Back
Top Bottom