I woke up today to find my fish breathing very hard, and staying near the bottom of the tank. They have been doing soo well for the past six months, in fact, yesterday I was so excited about how well the tank was doing. This is a 60 g tank, with five fish. My stock includes
Baby Indian teardrop butterflyfish
Baby blue tang (relax!!!! I'm housing him until he gets big enough to move into my uncle's 180g)
The clownfish look unaffected by this, I also have a cleaner shrimp who is okay, and a urchin who is alive as well. The blue tang is taking it hardest, she's leaning on a rock breathing heavy and her coloring is bad.
Last night, I added a new koralia 1150, and a electronic thermometer. These are the only two variables that changed from yesterday to today, and yesterday, the fish were doing fantastic. I have since removed those two items, added prime to the water, chemical filtrTion, and I'm getting ready for a water change.
Is it possible the new powerhead or the thermometer were leaking stray voltage into the water, thus causing stress? I really can't think of anything to do.
Any advice is appreciated, I'm hoping no one dies
Edit- I also increased surface agitation
Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice