help my hammer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dadime69

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have no idea why my hammer is dieing a head at a time and it was doing good for a long time my flowerpot too all my zoes and sps are doing fine what is it about my lps that they just do terible with me

Most likely it`s the brown jelly disease. Break off the infected heads and throw away. If you dont your other heads will catch the disease. They will grow back. But for now the infected heads have to go.

What kind of fish, crabs, and shrimp do you have?

How long did you have the hammer before its condition began to deteriorate and what are your water parameters? What type of SPS's do you have?

Salefin tang blue lip tang 6 line chromies firefish cleaner wrassy flame wrassy lawnmower blenny hifin cadanal pj cardanal perc clown red and blue hermets astria snales

I would check your Alk levels. When was your last PWC and what are your readings now?

Hermit crabs can crawl across LPS and cause tissue damage. I noticed a lot of people like it when their clown hosts but it can actually cause damage to things like hammer, torch and frogspawn.

My clowns do not host in anything they are retarded just hang out at the top my levals should be fine as I do 20 percent a week with rodi and the hammer is just like falling appart like tenticals just falling off and its done

Back
Top Bottom