Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-09-2004, 11:36 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Good luck!!! Hoping for a good outcome.

quarryshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #12
Popeye can be the result of bacterial problems or aggressive behavior where the fish gets injured. In most cases, improving the water quality and feeding with vitamin fortified foods (Selcon or Zoecon) will help clear it up. Doing a few large water changes with well aged SW over the next week should help improve the water quality and introduce magnesium which will aid in helping the problem. In milder cases, meds are not usually needed.

I would not suggest moving the fish to a QT at this point unless the fish is being harrased by tank mates. Moving/netting the fish can often make the eye problem worse causing the fish to lose the eye. Having the QT set up and ready wuld be a good idea just in case though.

Old 05-09-2004, 01:22 PM   #13
Duplicate posts... Topics merged.

Old 05-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular
I got another tank and moved her, that was not easy!! I also put my hippo tang in there too. She had rub marks too. Not as bad as my angel. when I got home the angels tail was all shredded too. That happened in a matter of hours. They seem to be ok in the qt. It has no cover on it, I put a storage box cover over part of it I hope it will be ok. They are both staying in the corner of the tank. I also put some seaweed in there for them. They've picked at it a few times. I'm using copper safe and mala fix.
sillyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 04:05 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak
wow slow down sillyfish, do some more research, I thought I read angels do not do well with copper... gotta read up on that

hey half the fun is dreaming it up!
srgetz is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com