Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-08-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Please help sick Koran Angel!!!!

Something happened to my koran angel, her fins are all torn up and it looks like she has a very bad case of popeye, do saltwater fish get popeye? she has been rubbing on things for about a week but I haven't noticed anything wrong with her. Her eye is all cloudy and puffy and there looks like there is something sticking out of it. the eye was fine this morning and so were her fins she just had alittle faded spot from rubbing. its getting bad fast, what about the other fish in with her?? Please help me I don't know what to do, treat her with copper safe and antibiotic??? I'm freaking out she is a very special fish!!!! thank you for any help

Old 05-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

help my koran please!!!!

Something happened to my koran angel, her fins are all torn up and it looks like she has a very bad case of popeye, do saltwater fish get popeye? she has been rubbing on things for about a week but I haven't noticed anything wrong with her. Her eye is all cloudy and puffy and there looks like there is something sticking out of it. the eye was fine this morning and so were her fins she just had alittle faded spot from rubbing. its getting bad fast, what about the other fish in with her?? Please help me I don't know what to do, treat her with copper safe and antibiotic??? I'm freaking out she is a very special fish!!!! thank you for any help

Old 05-08-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
She probably injured her eyes while rubbing. The concerning thing is that she is rubbing. It usually indicates some kind of parasitic infection.
How long have you had her and did you qt her? Any other symptoms such as fast gilling, hovering in 1 spot, lethargy, etc?
Also do you have a qt tank? I would get one ready promply and prepare to begin parasitic treatment. DO NOT treat the main tank whatever you do.
Do you see any white spots? If there are and they are of uniform size, It would be ich, but from what you explain, I believe she may have marine velvet. How is your water quality? Please give us a rundown so we can eliminate water quality issues.
Also can you post a picture of her?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

I don't think its ick, I've had her 1 1/2 years thats why she special one of my first, my po4 1.5, its high but every thing else is good no2 0 no3 2.5, her fins are shredded and looks like bloody streaks on the faded spots, the thing sticking out of her eye is gone, it disappeared in a matter of minutes. I got an anemone last week that died, could it be related, I don't think the lighting was enough to support him so he died. I have a 10g with figure 8 and leopard puffers the salt is low in their tank but I can bump it up a bit for the angel if she won't infect them.
Old 05-08-2004, 10:27 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

If she dies i think i will give up on fish keeping, too much sad deaths
Old 05-08-2004, 10:44 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe its a bacterial infection. If it were me, I would try would you stated above. I understand how you feel, our angel is our "family dog".
I would move her and start treatment. IMO
Good luck!! My thoughts are with you!!
Have you added any new fish lately?
Old 05-08-2004, 10:57 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Regular

Just the anomone that died
Old 05-09-2004, 01:03 AM   #8

Well don't put anything in the tanks ECSPECIALY not copper. Try to set up a Quarentine tanks ASAP, and im sure someone can give you an idea as to what meds you'll need. Best of luck I hope she makes it
Old 05-09-2004, 03:31 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

If I were in your shoes. I would gently move her to a qt tank. start with the antibiotic (maracyn) and slowly add the copper. Try Cupramine and be sure to get the test kit. Cupramine is tolerated well by most fish, just follow the instructions.
If she is well enough to take this, it should give you a broad coverage of diseases.
Good luck!!
Old 05-09-2004, 11:49 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thank you so much, I'm going to pick up a small tank today, add the water from her tank and keep my fingers crossed.
Thanks again

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com