Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
Help my pagoda cup!

Hey everyone. I've had this pagoda since before Christmas. Its been doing great. Starting about 2-3 weeks ago I noticed some little holes on the flesh. I thought maybe it was getting too much flow so I moved it. It's in a spot with light-moderate flow. It was in a spot with moderate flow before i moved it. It's getting worse. My water params are

Ammo: 0
Trites: 0
Trates: 5-10ppm

Salinity 1.025

I have a 12W par38 LED. The coral is positioned in the lower middle level of the tank directly under the light.

I don't have test kits for anything else. I do weekly 2 gal pwcs. Last week I did 4 gals and I've done a 1 gal one yesterday. I will do a 2 gal one on Friday.

There hasn't been any changes to my tank (10gal) for quite some time. The only thing I started doing was feeding Kent microVert once a week. The labor says 2-3 drops per gallon a few times a week. I was doing 5 drops once a week because I am not heavily stocked with coral or fish. I have 1 yellow tail damsel, CUC of an emerald crab, 4 hermits, 2 nassarius, 2 cerith, 1 margarita snail. My other coral- 1 green mushroom, 1 head frogspawn, and a small patch of zoas/palys, and feather dusters are all doing really well.

When I noticed the pagodas flesh problem I target fed it some mysis. I've fed it 1x a week for the last 2-3 weeks. Mysis and FLS pellets. I think it's color looks fine. It's a light purplish green. Is there anything at all I can do for it?

Some people like cucumbers better pickled.
Bearchumjs is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com