Help! My Puffer Isnt EATING

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yellow Tang 2

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got a little valentini puffer yesterday . he hasnt ate since yesterday what should i do? i tried 2 feed him myris shrimp but he did nothing 2 it. But i did c him eat a lit seaweed. what should i do?

Provided water is OK, may take few days before eating. Could try live food and/or Fz. Plankton/mysis.

Did you by any chance get the LFS to feed him why he was there to make sure he was eating?

I have a fahaka puffer (which is freshwater) but when I first got him he did not eat for a week and 1/2. I put snails, shrimp, and other foods on his "diet" in front of him and he would never eat. Now he is doing great and eating all kinds and often. I think it took him a while to adjust to a new environment and to get used to everything. I know your is SW and mine is FW but yours might be going through the same thing. I would give it 2-4 days before I started to worry if I was you. Mine survived for over a week before he started eating.

No i know i should have done that i am going 2 start doing that now.

Ok that`s fine. Now for the problem at hand. Some folks say that soaking the food in garlic stimulates feeding. I dont use it so I dont know for sure but others say it does so you might want to check that out.

I have heard from many people about the garlic trick. I do not know from experience, but then again I have never had a problem with fish not eating. When I make my fish food, I put a bit of finley chopped garlic in the mix.

i have a pbt and it stoped eating and i got the kent garlic extreme and now he will eat everything that goes in that tank

Back
Top Bottom