Help!!!! My tank smells really strong of fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shutterbug

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Everyone is accounted for I have two different kind of anemone the one is really white which I learned means they are stressed, the other hasn't been staying in one place and now isn't attached at all does that mean he is dying and could that be the smell????

How old is your tank?
yes if the nem is white (bleached) and not holding on with its foot it is likely dying or dead. Have you checked the water quality

White just means it's lost it's zooxanthellae, and doesn't necessarily mean it's dying or dead.
Anemones will move in an attempt to find a better place if they are not happy with their current surroundings. They sound as if they are both unhappy however. Running carbon will solve the issue of the smell, but you need to solve the issue of the unhappy anemones.
What lighting, flow, and parameters?

Yes moving is normal, its foot not holding onto anything is not. If they can't find a happy spot they might float to find happy a new place but they might will attach when they land so to speak

Back
Top Bottom