Help Please, unexplained fish deaths.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spazz67

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok. this is Miss. Spazz This morning our tank was clouded up, don't know why. I checked the water prams: SALINITY= 1.024 AMMONIA= 0 NITRITE= 0 NITRATE= 0 and PH= 8.2.
Both fish were acting funny and I noticed that the Royal Gramma and the female clown had white pinhead sized dots, they didn't have them last night. I set up a 2nd QT tank. And did a 5 gal water change. The inverts are doing fine, but both of the fish died tonight. I know about the tank gettting dosed with parsite-stop, and the messed up water change.
I don't know what happened, they were fine last night when I got home.
Paul finished my Sump and Trickle filter last night and now my fish is dead. What should I do now?
1Turbo Snail
1 Cerith Snail
2 Red leg hermits
2 Peppermint Shrimp
3 Feather Duster
1 Percelain Crab (in QT)
4 Matrix Crabs (in QT)(sump bound)
2 Oyster Clusters (in QT)
10lbs LR (curing in a bucket)

Will it effect my inverts? And will leaving the display tank empty til after the new year kill any cysts in the tank? I had QT the clowns for 4 weeks and Gramma was QT, but not sure how long, (QT was done by someone else).
1Turbo Snail
1 Cerith Snail
2 Red leg hermits
2 Peppermint Shrimp
3 Feather Duster

If that's what it is, it won't affect inverts.

So, didja see VERY fine white spots on the fish before they died? I had it once. Kiled 9 fish inside of 2 weeks. Looked like they had waddled in sugar. Teeny weeny white spots that first showed up on the pec fins.

I hear you have to leave the tank without any fish for longer than 90 days if ick were present, but velvet could be different.

How old is the tank?

If that's what it is, it won't affect inverts.

So, didja see VERY fine white spots on the fish before they died? I had it once. Kiled 9 fish inside of 2 weeks. Looked like they had waddled in sugar. Teeny weeny white spots that first showed up on the pec fins.

I hear you have to leave the tank without any fish for longer than 90 days if ick were present, but velvet could be different.

How old is the tank?
Yeah We saw little white dots on them. About the size of a pin head. They displayed all the signs that it said in the link that you gave me. TY so much.

The tank is about 6 mts old.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom