Help rescue tang!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! I haven't added any medication at all, and he's doing great. I'm trying to think of different things to add to his diet that are fairly easy to get... Someone said cucumber, and a few other things. So I'm going to do some more research on that and hopefully he'll get even more different food!

40 gallon cichlid tank;
Pseudotropheus socolofi (albino) x 1
Labidochromis caeruleus
Metriaclima greshakei x 2
Amatitlania nigrofasciata x 20
Pseudotropheus crabro x 1
6" pleco x 1

120 gallon saltwater

They are primarily herbivores but don;t be too surprised if they eat some meat like shrimps or clams every now and then. I would throw a half cherrystone clam in my tanks and they would go and eat from it along with the other fish. So they are not all vegetarian. Try to stay as close to a natural diet as you can and I'm sure he will do fine. (y)

Good to hear/see it's healing and doing better.
I had my doubts when I saw how badly malnourished he looked and how sunken in his belly was. Sometimes when they are that starved/underfed continuously it can cause damage to the digestive system that they can't recuperate from.
Glad to see that is not the case here.
Good job :dance:

Yeah. He absolutely loves mysis shrimp, but I'm trying to stick more to sea weed and flakes for now. He still gets mysis as a treat, but with the diet he was on mysis really isn't what I want him eating.

40 gallon cichlid tank;
Pseudotropheus socolofi (albino) x 1
Labidochromis caeruleus
Metriaclima greshakei x 2
Amatitlania nigrofasciata x 20
Pseudotropheus crabro x 1
6" pleco x 1

120 gallon saltwater

Back
Top Bottom