Help save my Nemo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

modestmoose

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We just purchased two new clown fish, one stays in the top corner all the time and looks like he's gasping for air. Is this a common problem? It also looks like his pupils are smaller than they should be. Also he looks quite pale. Here are some pictures.

n.JPG
n1.JPG

n2.JPG

If you just got them today, they most likely just need time to settle in. How did you acclimate them? As long as proper acclimation procedures were followed, it could just take time. Lowering/ turning off the tank lights for awhile, as you may know, will also help. Try and get them to eat ASAP. Good luck. HTH

Yes, don't panic yet...just monitor him closely for any visable problems or symtoms as it seems like you did not qt him. Problem is, if he does have something serious he could infect everyone, and by the time you have a qt ready, could be too late...but again you could get lucky and no problems...kind of like rolling the dice not using qt. Just keep a close eye on and he should improve.

yes, day three and he's improved a little bit, and by a little bit I mean he's moved to a different corner. But at least he's not sitting on the surface. My other clownfish is happy and exploring the tank. Sometimes he swims to the sickly fish and tries to get him to follow him. Things are looking a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom