Help, sick Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, he's been scratching, plus looks like his right eye is cloudy. I've had him for almost a year now. I bought a sweetlips at my lfs and he died about 2 weeks ago (I think he had something). I coulnd't QT him because we just got this tank (about 3 months ago) and spent alot of money on getting it up to speed that my 55g was at (8 years with my 55g).

I did check the levels just the other day and they were:
PH: 8.4
NO3: trace
NO2: 0
Amonia:0
SG: 1.23
Water Temp: 78.8

I did a search on "maculosus angelfish kick ich." Below is the very first search result. It is from wetwebmedia.com. There are many more like it. I would get the kick ich out of the water.
If "Kick Ick" and "Rally" were in my business I would tell people to READ
about them first. I did that after I over used them and it was too late.
These medications only poison the fish to provoke a defensive reaction that
will make the parasites "slide" off.
<This is so>
Only problem is they come back 100x
more and your fish are weaker due to the poisoning. I think 3 of my fish may
have made it if I didn't over medicate with these products

I did that after I over used them and it was too late.

The key words in that sentence is over used. I think that goes with any product really.

My Angel is looking alot better. The cloudy eye is gone and the ich is hardly noticable (I have to take a picture with my Nikon D50 28-300mm Macro lense and then crop the image to see the ich on him now), so I think it's working fairly well. It's a 15 day cycle and I'm already 10 days into it, so I'll finish it off and see how things go.

I did loose my clown last night :( , but he had Black Velvet. He was 8 years old and one of the first fish we've ever had.

I finally rushed out last evening (before the clown died) and got a 10g QT tank to put the Angel and Clown in. Hopefully the treatments will work.

(even though you're getting replies, i'm going to move this into the sick fish-help forum.)

Back
Top Bottom