Help!!! Sick Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BKS342003

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my yellow tang for approx. 2 months and he has been fine, but i looked at him tonight and on each side he has these bubble like things and it looks like the one popped. my other fish are fine, i just did a water change, and his feeding habits seemed to have been ok. i really haven't paid much attention today. Please help :?

thanks,
b

The way it sounds (and I might be wrong) it might be a tumor.

Some tumors do not affect the fish. The fish can live a long healthy life unaffected, but some are cancerous and will continue to grow to enormous size causing distress andeventually death.

A viral tumor known as Lymphocystis, will usually rectify itself if left alone. Most other tumors, however, need specialized attention.

Is it a raspberry shaped lump? If it is, it could be a lymph.

Hope this helps.

triggers thanks. i thought the same thing, but the bubbles have now popped. Now it looks like he has two open wounds. But he is still acting normal, and none of my other fish are bothering him thank God, but I'm still worried that the wounds will get infected or something. Anybody have any idea what is wrong with him.

thanks,
B

Pop-eye is often a sign of sub-par water conditions (A/N/N levels?) or stress from overcrowding. Can you give us a quick rundown on your tank setup and the fish's tank mates?

Back
Top Bottom