Help treating unknown diease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sammy77

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:( Well this is my first post here, I'm been lurking on here for awhile. I love that there are alot of 'active' people here. I've had my 125gal tank setup now for 3 years now with some pretty good luck till recently. I currently have Koran angel and a Blue Hippo tang that have these white blotches mostly on face. This started a month or so ago and I don't think its Ich or Velvet but don't have a clue. Thank you for any help and suggestions.
img_1386043_0_c24cfd367fca3d4891e59c4946f4bfa1.jpg
[/IMG]

Sorry, tried the pic the first time and it didn't go thru. I currently have a Blue Hippo, Koran angel, 3 clowns, Foxface,and Picaso trigger. I have had this setup for 3 years or so. Both fish seem to be eating and acting normal. Thanks

Oh wow that is a very white face! Did you add any new fish prior to this disease? Or have all the fish been in there for the three years?

0o.Kelsey.o0 said:
Oh wow that is a very white face! Did you add any new fish prior to this disease? Or have all the fish been in there for the three years?

No, the Koran was the last fish I added. He is also the most aggressive by far. He's been in there for 2 years or so. Just got some foramlin. I will try a dip with that. What do you think?

Yah that is really really weird, hopefully someone else will chime in here since I am no expert in diseases. I think a formalin dip would probably be a good idea if you can catch him lol. Does it look like he is just loosing color in the face or does it look like something is on his scales?

Yah that is really really weird, hopefully someone else will chime in here since I am no expert in diseases. I think a formalin dip would probably be a good idea if you can catch him lol. Does it look like he is just loosing color in the face or does it look like something is on his scales?

Both are just losing color on their face pretty much.

I`m wondering if it`s HLLE. Here is a good link on it. Check it out and see. Usually in tangs they will have white spots that look like flaking near the face.

Marine Head & Lateral Line Erosion: A Description of the Syndrome and a Review of its Speculated Causes by Steven Pro - Reefkeeping.com

Bingo. Got a few opinions these last few days and they all came up with HLLE. Really sucks. My sons favorite is the Blue Hippo and he just looks sick and after researching there seems to be little to nothing that can be done about it.:facepalm: I pride myself in learning as much as I can and caring for my fish the best I can. Thank you for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom