Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-23-2004, 11:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Help!!! What to Do!

Today i found my gold banded maroon clown with a chewed up fin. I suspect my coral-banded shrimp or coral beauty has done it but is there anything else that could have done it? Please help anything is appreciated

Old 07-24-2004, 01:31 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to fishstixs05
Most likely it was the CBS, it ripped a chunk off the back of my six-line. I would suggest moving it to another tank if you can, but it should be good in there. I usually occurs as an accident when the fish sleeps too close to the shrimp. Adding melafix will help, and it is safe for all saltwater fish and inverts. turn of your protein before you add it, and wait a day to turn it back on. Most importantly work on trying to get the shrimp out, something I have been trying for a while, since i REALLY dont want take apart my tank again to get a predator out. Last time it was a damsel, and I took out every piece of LR, and he wedged himself in the last piece, and plopped out into the contair I was using to hold the LR.

Old 07-24-2004, 10:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

My suggestion...leave him be. This type of thing is normal to a certain extent. The fin will heal...keep an eye on them. If it keeps up, then consider relocating one of them.

175gallon reef

5,100 gal pond

Fish are people too!
SquishyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:31 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Also this morning I found my banggai cardinal on the sand swiming around. Is my Coral-Banded shrimp stressing out my fish? Please Help your doing good!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com