Help!!! What to Do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
Today i found my gold banded maroon clown with a chewed up fin. I suspect my coral-banded shrimp or coral beauty has done it but is there anything else that could have done it? Please help anything is appreciated

Most likely it was the CBS, it ripped a chunk off the back of my six-line. I would suggest moving it to another tank if you can, but it should be good in there. I usually occurs as an accident when the fish sleeps too close to the shrimp. Adding melafix will help, and it is safe for all saltwater fish and inverts. turn of your protein before you add it, and wait a day to turn it back on. Most importantly work on trying to get the shrimp out, something I have been trying for a while, since i REALLY dont want take apart my tank again to get a predator out. Last time it was a damsel, and I took out every piece of LR, and he wedged himself in the last piece, and plopped out into the contair I was using to hold the LR.

My suggestion...leave him be. This type of thing is normal to a certain extent. The fin will heal...keep an eye on them. If it keeps up, then consider relocating one of them.

Also this morning I found my banggai cardinal on the sand swiming around. Is my Coral-Banded shrimp stressing out my fish? Please Help your doing good!

Back
Top Bottom