HELP WHATS WRONG WITH MY CORAL??????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Actually, both of us should be ashamed, you probably know what the coral is, and hence the title want to know what's wrong with it.

Please post details about your system:
lighting
tank size
water parameters
equipment

I have a 35 gallon hexagon tank with a 96 watt powerquad lighting system. the coral seems to have a thin layer of coudy jelly looking stuff. Ph 8.1, nitrate 5, nitrite 0 and ammonia 0...please no smart-A** remarks I know what it is..but i dont know whats wrong with it

Any dwarf angels in the tank? How long have you had the coral?

Edit - forgot to ask - calcium, alk, pH?

I dont think reefrunner or squishyfish were making smart ass coments if thats what you thought gump. They are both very helpful, informative people =)

gump3842k said:
0...please no smart-A** remarks I know what it is..but i dont know whats wrong with it

Ahh..we werent being smart-@sses....we were simply not paying attention to the real question. Most (99%) of the people on this board sincerely want to help...its rare that you will get a smart-@ss comment unless its clearly a joke. :wink:

As far as whats wrong....its got a pretty thick slime coat as you can see, but I have no idea why. Your parameters look good. ReefLady is probably on track...anything irritating it?

so it's a new aquisition then... did you get the coral mail order or at your LFS?

How did you acclimate the coral to the tank?

calcium, alk, pH?

^ These are important parameters.

Also - salinity & temp?

Since you've only had it a short time, it could simply be acclimating itself to your tank.

How did you acclimate the coral when you first purchased it?

Also - what kind of lighting did it come from, vs. what kind of lighting do you have it under now?

I could be wrong but...

Is there anyway you can post a clearer pic. From what I saw of the >>first pic<< and these new ones, other than being oddly inflated there is no real sign of a problem.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom