Help with a Scotts fairy wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MAZE4321

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am hoping I could receive some ideas on treating my scotts fairy wrasse who has recently gained parasites. I spent time looking for pics on the web and they resemble little transparent to white parasites maybe flukes or lice? From what information I had found and my local fish stores advice I decided to give him a freshwater dip. This was more traumatic on myself then to the fish! Anyway he hid the rest of that night. The following day I could see no parasites anywhere and it seemed to work. Yesterday he never came out not even for feeding. Today I saw him when I was feeding my tank. His one fin is covered in white spots and even larger parasites are on his body. He barely uses it to swim. Sorry I do not have a camera with good quality to take pictures. One of my main questions is,
I only have a 10G QT is this large enough to treat him in?
Also is giving him another freshwater dip a good idea?
Should I treat for parasites and bacterial?
And Finally if anyone can help. My other fish seem fine except my yellow blenny is starting to rub raocks I notice Should I worry about an outbreak?

Ammonia=0
nitrtite=0
nitrate=20
pH=around 8.1
SG=1.024

3 Skunk cleaner shrimp
3 peppermint shrimp
3 turbo snails
3 Margarita Snails
14 hermit carbs
1 serpant star
1 sandsifting star fish
3 emerald crab
1 yellow watchman goby
1 green clown goby
1 cardinal blenny
1 orange spotted goby
1 domino damsel
1 Scotts fairy wrasse
2 Signal Gobies
Also Many alga eating sea slugs

Thank You to anyone with help or ideas of what I am up against.

Can you describe their color(clear, white), shape (oval, round) and size?
How big is the fish? I wouln't recommend another FW dip. I would put him in the QT and slowly lower the salinity to at least 1.020.

Back
Top Bottom