help with anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swilson11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My mom has an anemone in her tank, condalytic (spelling?) With purple tips, it moved today onto the glass by the heater, now it looks like this, what's wrong with it? Should we get it out of the tank quick?? Please help!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120309_004601.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120309_004601.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 75
Mine does it all the time every couple days, most of the time it expells waste, sometimes not, but seems normal, sometimes mine will get even smaller than that and look kinda pathetic, but in a couple hours will open back up and look great.
It will also move around and eventualy pic a spot to stay, or at least thats what mine did. It moved around the tank for about a week and picked a spot on some live rock and has stayed there every since (about 6weeks now)

View attachment 81416

Here's a pic of mine with my coral banded shrimp and domino damsel hanging out around it, they have both made the anemone their home and all stay close to it most of the time, and when I walked up to take this pic I saw my shrimp cleaning the damsel, something I've never seen it do before. I'm glad they are getting along

Yeah, it looks like it is just moving. Be careful it doesn't crawl in your sump if you are running one and that it doesn't get a powerhead death.

Back
Top Bottom