Help with boosting fish's immune system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceandelight

Aquarium Advice Regular
After the last couple weeks of dealing with ich that was brought on by what? I have no idea, but I am starting to think ahead. My fish have a few more weeks left in QT and then back to the main tank and I want to start boosting their immune system now and for the future. I have Garlic Guard by seachem that I have started to use but I was wondering if there are any other products I can buy to give to my guys now and my hopefully my future fish. I really like tangs and as soon as everything gets back to normal I would like to slowly add 2-3 more to my 150 gallon tank but I don’t want to be dealing with ich or other issues all the time. Is there any “fish vitamin” per say that I can place on their food or just in the water? Where can I buy it if there is? Any advice would be helpful. :lol:

You can add both. Zoe is a vitamin and Zoecon I believe is just a supplement. Just mix them in the food.

Be very careful which vitamin C you choose, if not properly formulated/stabalized for marine use it can impact pH and severley depress it.

Any good liquid vitamin high in [acronym="Highly Unsaturated Fatty Acid"]HUFA[/acronym] is what your looking for. If possible you can also try <<Beta glucan>>.

Diet is also extremely important and a major component of keeping fish healthy. What you feed has just as much to do with it so be sure your fish get a variety of food choices regularly.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks for all the input guys ... after reading what everyone has written and reading a little more about the products i choose to order both the kent zoecon and the kent zoe from dr fosters and smith. hopefully my fish will continue to be healthy after this catastrophe with ich and hopefully it will help me with my future tangs :D

Back
Top Bottom