help with bubble tip anemone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skaterbarney

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
bought this guy a while ago and i just realized today how he dont have bubbles after looking at old pictures of the tank anyone help, is it sick, or not eating the right food, or is this normal behavour ?? thanks first picture is 2 months ago, second picture is now

Attachments

• IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 164
Here are the now pictures. Also what is the white one, and does it look healthy that's in the same tank. Thanks

Attachments

• image-4079564177.jpg
    image-4079564177.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 126
  • image-2677134194.jpg
    image-2677134194.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 168
  • image-4249709431.jpg
    image-4249709431.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 150
Do you feed it? What are your light and tank size? How long has the tank been established? What is your nitrate levels at. The white one looks like a condy nem. I'm not entirely sure

Tanks going for a year , it's 90G, there are zero nitrates, zero ammonia, ph 8.2, salt is 1.026. feed it scallop directly into it's mouth or I'll drop it in and the clown with feed it.

How deep does he set in the tank? I don't think the 150watt is going to cut it. I would bump it up to a 250watt light bt nemms are the most light dependent nems. The browning means it is not getting enough light

Nems bleach (turn white) when they don't have enough light. Depending on where it sits in the tank 150w halide could be more than enough light for it. I have a green bta that only lets about 1/4 of its self be exposed to light, the rest of it hangs out on the under side of the rock. On the flip side my rose bta sits directly on top of a rock exposing all of its self to light. Both are under 150w 14k halides about 1/2 and 3/4 up the tank respectively. As long a your parameters are as they should be and stable, and they aren't moving around or turning white, they should be okay. Btas can lose their bubble tips for any given unknown reason, doesn't mean anything is wrong with it. My green lost its bubbles not to long after I bought it, but my rose still has its bubbles.

Back
Top Bottom