Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #11

Tough decision here. The grouper and the eel could be a really major problem. Do you have a lot of hiding places in your tank? Having hiding places will help the clown stay uneaten. It'll be a risk but if you think the clown will be safe you could try.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have like 160 pounds of rock....... And a nem....... I would feel really bad if he got eaten..... But he would be so much happier.......

Old 10-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #13

Someone might disagree with me but I'd say it's worth a shot. Just put him in the tank at the opposite side of where the grouper and the eel are (try to block them off with a divider for a few hours so the clown can get familiar with everything if you can). Make sure there are plenty of hiding places and the anemone could help too. It'll be a risk but I'd say go for it. Do you have any other small fish in there that the grouper and eel have left alone?
Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a 3.5" trigger....... I had a cleaner wrasse that my grouper and eel left alone but my lobster killed it (lobster has died....... Kinda happy lol). This is so scary!!!! I can't divide the tank....... Do you think it would be better to add with moonlights on? Any other opinions?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:00 PM   #15

I think the best option would be to put the clown in the tank and hope for the best. He'll be really happy in there, especially if we get lucky and the grouper and eel leave him alone. If the trigger and the clown are only .5 inches apart then it's definitely worth a shot. I don't know too much about triggers so it could be for other reasons but I think you should try it. It's your choice but if it were me I think I'd do it.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The clown is more like 2.5"...... And the trigger actually 4.5.... I always think he's still a baby. He's grown a lot in the past few months. I really don't know what to do............not that I don't respect your opinion.... But anyone out there with another opinion? Experience with this situation.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #17

Hopefully someone will give us their input. I think it's good that you're very hesitant. You must care about your fish.

Tags
clown, pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Sick coral | TorN »