Help with clownfish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdergar

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought two clownfish 8 days ago now. They are in a QT and have been since I brought them home. The slightly larger of the two has a small white dot (as seen the in the pictures) on its chin. There are no other spots that I can see. I noticed it about two days ago and I think it's a little larger today but not by much. The other smaller of the two is fine with no issues. They have both been eating very readily both flake food and frozen brine shrimp and have always added a few drops of garlic extract in their food. They are both swimming with lots of energy. No hanging around in one spot for too long in fact getting the pictures was a bit of a chore. They are both wild caught and were from the same tank in the LFS.

Conditions in the tank are:

26.5 c temp
1.022 SG
8.2 PH
0 ammonia
0.05 Nitrite
5 Nitrate

Is this ich? Should I treat or just wait another day or so and see if it grows?

Thanks...Steve

Attachments

• clown-1.jpg
    clown-1.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 204
It almost looks like some type of fungus or bacterial infection. It`s too big to ich. Ich looks like a grain of salt.

I had a Koran Angel that had these. They eventually disappeared but I think a six-line wrasse picked at them and got a 'taste' for his fins and beat him up and he died. They showed up about 2-3 days after purchase and were gone less than a week later. They were described to me as similar to warts.

The "chin bump" has all but disappeared. Still has lots of energy and eating very well. Hopefully gone for good. Thanks for the advice and links...

Steve

Back
Top Bottom