Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-12-2014, 11:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to shabahang
Help with Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral

I have my tank for about 3 months and i got my toadstool online but he was not attached to a rock or frag wood and he dose not look good please help what should i do can anyone tell me if i should take him out and flush him or if he still is alive and can recover Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392266591.053210.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	245.4 KB
ID:	222339Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392266606.480935.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	222340

shabahang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 06:03 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I would take it out just yet. When was the last one the polyps came out? Can you try and prop it upright? In between the rocks maybe? So it sits up a bit...

Bectan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Leathers are extremely hardy, give the guy at least a few more weeks before deciding he's too far gone. My toadstool would look like total crap for weeks and weeks and then come back strong as ever. They every now and then will do that, mine has done it for years.
I would def try to prop it between some rocks and get it upright though, thats a good suggestion. It will over time attach to those rocks so make sure you pick a good set of rocks to put him in.
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote

coral, eat, green, leather, mushroom, toad, tool

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com