Help with Green Toadstool Mushroom Leather Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shabahang

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my tank for about 3 months and i got my toadstool online but he was not attached to a rock or frag wood and he dose not look good please help what should i do can anyone tell me if i should take him out and flush him or if he still is alive and can recover ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392266591.053210.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392266606.480935.jpg

I would take it out just yet. When was the last one the polyps came out? Can you try and prop it upright? In between the rocks maybe? So it sits up a bit...

Leathers are extremely hardy, give the guy at least a few more weeks before deciding he's too far gone. My toadstool would look like total crap for weeks and weeks and then come back strong as ever. :) They every now and then will do that, mine has done it for years.
I would def try to prop it between some rocks and get it upright though, thats a good suggestion. It will over time attach to those rocks so make sure you pick a good set of rocks to put him in.

Back
Top Bottom