Help with ick!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a porcupine puffer who now has ick and it is spreading to my bird wrasse. I started soaking their food in garlic and that did not help, so I will continue that. I also starting using ick attack today, and am not sure if I should continue because I have to turn my skimmer off. Should I? It also makes the water brown. What are good ways without a Q-tine? I have NO room and cannot set one up........ I also cant catch the bird wrasse for a freshwater dip and I dont really want to do one if I dont have to. Please HELP!!!!!!!

Unfortunately there are only 2 tried and true ways to truly kill ich...Hyposalinity and copper treatments..
Everything else is just a band-aid...
Probably not what you wanted to hear,but ick attack won't kill ich .Your best bet is to keep those fish eating and stress free and hope they can beat it..
Good luck

Alright thanks. Ill turn my skimmer back on. Pray for the best! :)
In most cases if the fish are still eating and active they can beat it...Maybe feed a little extra for a few days to really keep their health up...instead of garlic i would add kent marine vitamin C ,and Zoe to their food..I personally would stop the ich attack too,,it really isn't doing anything but turning your water brown

I have used ich attack and it worked for me. I know of others that have used it and they have also had success. Yes it turns your water brown and you have to turn off the skimmer but after treatment everything goes back on and water turns clear in a day.(well did for me and others that used it) Everyone that i talk to i recommend it. If you dont see results in 2 days do double treatments one in the morning one at night.

Back
Top Bottom