Help with maroon clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chefrt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 1 maroon clown about 2”, and I decide to buy 1 more to make a pair. But the new one always attacks by the one in the tank at every time try to put in. what should I do now. The new one a bit smaller then the old one.

Maroons can be very aggressive. From what I've heard and read, buy them as a pair or keep them single. You could try qt'ing the old clown while the new one gets settled in and see if that works. Chances are though, you'll probably need to return the new one. Or return both and buy an established pair.

That what I think, take him out and quarantine him, let the new one settle in the tank and introduce with the mate. Anybody success with this, please let me know.

I added a maroon clown after I had one in the tank for several months. It was a successful experiment. I think it was so because there was a SUBSTANTIAL size difference between them. I added a much smaller one and as such, they paired up almost immediately.

Back
Top Bottom