Help with mushroom coral.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jwsfisher

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have about a half dozen green mushroom polyps on a rock In my tank. My stupid anemone moved right next to it and some of the tentacles were drifting onto the mushrooms so I moved the rock (it was small ad not wedged in anything) to a higher spot on the other side of the tank because I couldn't get to the anemone. The corals it touched were a little shrunken but they filled back out in an hour or so. That's when I noticed that there was an odd brownish and clear gunk on parts of the edges of the corals where the anemone touched them. But what really freaked me out was when the slimy goo left the coral was white. Is it dying or just recouping from the anemone attack. It's happened before just with out the white and brown slime followed by white places. Please help if you know what is happening.

I'm not sure about reactions of a nem sting, but your shrooms will enjoy a lower spot in the tank with less light. Mushrooms are a very hardy coral, my guess is they'll be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom