Help with Polyps, Leather question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a quick question if you check this site you will see my tank mates. The leather in one picture (devil's hand) is fully opened in the other picture it is closed. It has been closed for about 2 weeks now. Water conditions are good anything I should do to help it? It has proper flow etc. Also I have noticed numerous polyps staying closed any ideas? Thanks

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/page2/

Stop moving it so much. This more than anything stresses them to no end, especially leathers. Of the three photo's I see with the devil's hand in it, it's in a different location each time. It can sometimes take weeks for a leather/soft coral to acclimate again once moved.

Just on the off chance, how long has it been acting like this compared to adding the MH? How was the tank acclimated to the new/increased light intensity?

Cheers
Steve

Tank was acclimated with the screens over 2 weks to more intense light and devil's hand was added during that time and has opened a little bit but not the full hairy point. I have not moved the devils hand at all.

xxnonamexx said:
I have not moved the devils hand at all.
:?: :?: :?:

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• april30.jpg
    april30.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 35
  • june07.jpg
    june07.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 32
  • may05.jpg
    may05.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 27
The middle leather I think it's called devil's hand has not been moved since I bought it. The other one spaghetti finger I think it is called has been moved correct but that pic was taken long ago. The reason why it was moved is b/c people said to move it to where it is happy. This is the most recent move about a lil over a month and final move and it has been opening the yellow "flowers" but very minimal. It is the orange leather that I am talking about in this picture. Thanks http://www.flickr.com/photos/59422509@N00/

Back
Top Bottom