Help with white spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piercy87

Aquarium Advice Regular
I think my tank has white spot and need advice. I don't have a quarantine tank and I have corrals so don't want to use anything to harm them. I have 2 clowns with white spots on their bodies and fins and a flame back angel with signs of white on the end of its tail fin. I've put I'm garlic Infused alge but they are not eating it.

There's not much you can do without a qt tank. The two methods to kill ich are copper and hypo and both will kill the corals and any inverts. You need to pick up a 20 Gal. tank and start a qt tank immediately or this will keep happening over and over again when ever you add a new fish. Garlic does not cure ich.

Almost forgot you will also need to keep your main tank fishless for up to 8 weeks in order to insure that the ich has been kill. You can leave any inverts or corals cause they are not infected by the ich. Without fish the ich cannot survive.Good luck.

thanks for your reply, i have brought a qt earlier and have it half set up just waiting till tomorrow so i can get more ro water. this is the first time i have done this and don't know weather to treat using hyposalanity or buy a treatment for them, i have two clowns and a fireball angel should i put all 3 in the qt tank/. the fireball dosent seem affected by it

thanks for your reply, i have brought a qt earlier and have it half set up just waiting till tomorrow so i can get more ro water. this is the first time i have done this and don't know weather to treat using hyposalanity or buy a treatment for them, i have two clowns and a fireball angel should i put all 3 in the qt tank/. the fireball dosent seem affected by it
I prefer copper myself but others like the hypo treatment. If you go with copper use cupramine by seachem its a much better form of copper then others, just make sure you follow the directions and you'll need a copper test kit to be sure you have the proper dose, API kit will work. If you do hypo I think its a little more complicated then using copper you will need a refractometer to check the salinity don't try to do it with a regular hydrometer because it needs to be very accurate. You need to put them all in the tank and don't forget to keep your main tank fishless.

Hi I been tearing for ich for 10 days now. I started with ich attack and it did not work. I switched to copermine. I had 2 fish die and my current fish look miserable!
Parameters: pH 8.0, ammonia: 0.50, nitrite: 5.0, nitrate: 10 and copper:0.50
Salinity: 1.022 (slowly dropping to 1.018)
Water temp is at 78 (slowly rising to 83/water changed caused drop of temp)
Just did a water change so parameters might get better!
Treating saltwater fish with cupramine
In 3rd day of treatment
Removed all carbon
Filter type 3 stage filter
Model: HW-302
1000L/h

Had 2 fish die: tomato clown and Niger trigger

Current live fish: Picasso trigger, dogface puffer, porcupine puffer and sailfin tang!

Please help!!!

Do not lower the salinity if your treating with copper you can't do both copper and hypo. Did you just start this tank because those readings are not good you shouldn't have any ammonia or nitrites thats probably what killed your fish. You're salinity should be 1.026 and raising the temp will not do anything that only works in freshwater.

I had this tank running for 2 months. My tank was good until I bought a new fish and did not know he had ich and infected my tank. The guy at the fish store told me to do this. I did do both ich attack and copper I waited 2 days and ran my system with carbon than I started copper treatment without carbon. So do lower salinity and should I do water changes every day?

Just did another water test and everything is still high after doing a 25% water change! Should I do another water change??

Do you have a qt tank I hope. Your not to do copper treatments or hypo in your main tank it will kill any corals or inverts you have in the tank. Copper will also make it hard to keep corals or inverts later unless you can get all the copper out.

I have a 10 gallon quarantine tank and I just put my porcupine puffer in their. I don't have any corals or reef and I just concerned for my fish! My sailfin tang is in bad shape. He looks like is not going to make it! The parameter are better in the 10 gallon tank but I'm afraid to put the other fish in their since it's small. Should I put them in their anyways or will that cause my parameters to spike up with 4 fish in their.

Well first off how big are the fish and second if you don't put them in I doubt they will make it anyway. Sometimes you can find a twenty gallon cheap so you may want to look into that but you need to act quickly.

It's worth a try, I'm going to move them. This is stressful...

Update with my sick fish! They all died except one. Picasso trigger fish which is the one that infected all my fish. Go figure... R.I.P. dogface puffer, porcupine puffer, clown fish, sailfin Tang and Niger trigger... Currently the only fish that is alive is in my 10 gallon quarantine tank! Lucky my local pet shop is going to give half off on a golden puffer. My first marine fish loss and it was a stressful and expensive one! Thanks for ur comments I appreciate that...

Back
Top Bottom