Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Following this one closely. Just got a Fire Shrimp yesterday and don't want to see anything heppen to him.

Old 08-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea I have read it and it is an isopod, I have two options, operate on the shrimp myself with tweezers, or wait till it moults and remove the shed asap as apparently it won't spread. Or the last option is to take it back to the LFS I got it from!

Old 08-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Go with the last one and not take any risks with the others or the fish, gets my vote.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak

I think that is probably the best idea, I still don't know why we bought them from there!!
Old 08-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Get it out of the tank immediately. I think I may have Isopods in my tank as well, but so far none have attached to any of my clowns, nor do they bear a mark from them. Keep a close eye on your tank.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:10 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Just before I turned the lights off for the night, I checked the shrimp.....it moulted and the little black 'eggs' came off in the moult.

The shrimp still has the blister but it is said that it could have that for it's whole life and not affect the shrimp other then it nit growing as big....monitoring closely!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1936238551.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	47820
Old 08-19-2011, 11:05 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I remember the first time my cleaner shrimp molted I thought it died lol then noticed him cleaning my goby. It's weird seeing the old skin it looks like the hole shrimp. Good luck with him I think there the best part about my tank
paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cool Same problem

Hey I bought a cleaner shrimp recently and he has the same blister on his side the guy at the pet shop said its just we're his last bit of moulting didn't come off properly and itd come off the next time did it ever resolve itself?
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes, it still has the lump but nothing in it, the shrimp has grown to a very healthy size, has even had eggs hatch, as far as I'm concerned it is nothing to worry about!!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Activist

How do you no if there's something in it? I was reading about Isopods ( right after I replayed to this post the shrimp moulted haha but the lump stayed ) and yu could see we're the lump was on the the old skin I was reading up on cutting it open and taking the isopod out but I only started the whole fish keeping a few months and don't think I'm ready to be cutting anything open ? But I'm due my fish on Wednesday and don't want them catching anything

Tags
clean, cleaner

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com