Help YWG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chenzo9999

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I quarantined for 4 weeks and on Tuesday night I finally added my YWG to the DT. It is only a 10 gallon QT - so I can only keep one fish in at a time - and obviously put my next fish, a carpenter's wrasse, in yesterday. As everyone says - the YWG disappeared in the DT.

I was not worried because I read so many instances of them hiding for a while. Well tonight I was performing some routine maintenance. I remove both my filter socks after which I turn them inside out - one by one - and pick out all of the pods and return them to the sump. Then I replace the socks with new/cleaned socks.

After turning the first sock inside out and getting all of the pods, I pick the second one off the towel - turn it inside out - and out flops my YWG (only 1 " long) - must have been out of the water 10 min. He was still moving so by reflex I throw him in the DT.

He has been swimming around the DT sporadically with mouth gaping wide (been about 2 hours) - what should I do?

So I quarantined for 4 weeks and on Tuesday night I finally added my YWG to the DT. It is only a 10 gallon QT - so I can only keep one fish in at a time - and obviously put my next fish, a carpenter's wrasse, in yesterday. As everyone says - the YWG disappeared in the DT.

I was not worried because I read so many instances of them hiding for a while. Well tonight I was performing some routine maintenance. I remove both my filter socks after which I turn them inside out - one by one - and pick out all of the pods and return them to the sump. Then I replace the socks with new/cleaned socks.

After turning the first sock inside out and getting all of the pods, I pick the second one off the towel - turn it inside out - and out flops my YWG (only 1 " long) - must have been out of the water 10 min. He was still moving so by reflex I throw him in the DT.

He has been swimming around the DT sporadically with mouth gaping wide (been about 2 hours) - what should I do?

Not a lot you can do at this point. Just keep an eye on him, make sure your PHs are rippling the surface the improve oxygenation of the water. Hopefully he'll pull through. Good luck!!

Thanks!

I am extremely sad :bawl:

I cannot find him in the tank currently

Back
Top Bottom