Hermits dying off

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ugaecu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have had my tank for about a year. I put 6 electric blue hermits in my tank, about 6 mths ago. I had one die about 3 mths ago, and have had 4 die n the last month. Kind of drastic I think. Anyone have any ideas? Water salinity is what it has been since they were put in. I did spy a large bristle worm about a week ago. Im at a loss. Love my crabs. Bothersome, BC I want to replace them but no need if I can't solve the mystery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

T

From what I know most of the time hermits will kill each other off until the biggest one is left to rule the roost. I've only got one left and I started with six.

I had blue legged and red legs. The last one standing is a red legged. I won the June potm with a pic of the last one alive. Lol

every once in a while you need to replenish them as they die off
once a year I will restock hermits and snails it's just the way of life

Throw extra shells in there as well so they don't compete for bigger homes!

I put tons of shells in the tank and it made no difference. They still killed each other. Mean little buggars. :) I've only got a 28gallon so ones enough for me he buzzes around like he's the only one in the tank. Lol

Back
Top Bottom