High Phosphate Leather not well

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eileen van Zyldob

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all.hope you can help.our tank bommed out 14 Aug we managed to save quite a lot of things. after two months we eventually put everything back in. I attached the tests that we did before putting everything back.tested our water and the petshop water.no all of a sudden our phosphates are on max we put in the red sea nitrate and phosphate remover . Our leather also not looking well.any advice?? the top tests is our water and the bottom is the petshop where our corals and fish were quarantined for two months

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131026_083846.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_083846.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 120
  • ForumRunner_20131026_083900.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_083900.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 133
From the water tests, it seems your phosphates are a bit high. Your kh is also pretty low. Are you using API test kits? They're pretty inaccurate IME.

Need more info about your setup. Odds are you are overfeeding, or don't have the filtration necessary to support the livestock you have.

using sera liquid tests.the drops. the petshop has ordered somrthing for the kh.our phosphates are now much higher than what they were then.only feeding 1 block of ocean nutrition prime frozen food.have 6 fish left from what we had.200L tank and have a via aqua sk388nw

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131026_093008.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_093008.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 89
  • ForumRunner_20131026_093034.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131026_093034.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 67
How often do you feed 1 cube of frozen, and do you rinse the frozen food prior to adding to the tank?

What are you running?? Size of your tank, skimmer, are you running a refugium?? Also are you running a phosphate reactor?

feed one block daily.yes running refugium.phosphate reactor? no dont rinse food before feeding.

@jmkb 200L via aqua 388 skimmer as mentioned above
Yes, I meant what is it rated for and how much water volume total... Assuming no reactors or refugium hidden?? Also wanted to ask about your clean up crew, what all do you have?
Rinsing your food will help quite a bit. After defrosting, pour it into a net and let the water pass through. This will help the excess nutrients in the water to not enter at all into the tank. Also depending on your stock list you may be able to get away with only feeding every other day or four days per week...

you may want to cut back to 1/2 cube every other day 1 cube for 6 fish is a lot
I use a razor blade to cut it

thanks all followed advice and phosphates are back to normal.jow just those darn aiptasia the pest of marines hey!!!

thanks all followed advice and phosphates are back to normal.jow just those darn aiptasia the pest of marines hey!!!
Awesome! Glad to hear it worked out. Lemon juice and a syringe for the stupid aptasias. I boil way and add lemon juice like 50/50. Works for me every time

Back
Top Bottom