Hippo ich? Need help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefnoob84

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've had a juvenile hippo tang for 2 weeks now. He's eating and swimming around. 2 days after I got him he developed a couple of spots on him but considering he was eating(mysis, krill, algae wafers all soaked in garlic guard) I'd just let it ride. 2 days later spots gone 3 days after that my 2 false perc clowns, hippo, and a Dalmatian damsel had spots on them. I started treating with reef safe ich attack by kordon which i have been dosing twice a day at 1.5x and the one clown and the hippo now have fuzzy tuffs on them. The clown just a little on his fins and a single white spot on his body but the hippo it's all along his belly and his tail fin looks feathered.

The tank is a 75 gallon reef by all glass with a 29 gal sump/refugium. 120 lbs of live sand and 100 lbs cured rock. Just did the vitals on tests and ammo/nitra/nitri all dead 0.0 and ph at 8.3. SG is 1.023 temp 78.1-78.6. Lighting by aqua light pro 150 mh. Ive just ordered a new skimmer an aquac ev-180 with a mag 9.5. But running a CSS 65( meds say no skimming during treatment) this tank has been running 6 weeks all rock and fish and corals were from my first tank just upgraded)

3 ph in tank 2-950gph 1-750 gph
So I've posted a couple of pics not too clear hard to catch a good one what do the have is it ich? Or is it something else now? It's fuzzy more than anything I think. I could be wrong who knows I just want to know if I'm wasting my money on the medication? Should I stop the med and put my skimmer back into action?

Ich isn't easy to treat and get rid of in a display tank. I found this one treatment someone has been doing but how effective it is remains to be seen since he has only been spot free for about 4 weeks No-Ich by FishVet, Inc. Some people use copper based meds but if you do that and want invertebrates later on in the tank it will create problems. Also use garlic and vitamins.

I don't know if that is ich or not by the pictures.

I have inverts and coral so I have to stick with reef safe and my lfs owner came by the house and said it wasn't ich it's a fungal issue. Now he has me dosing pimafix by API he told me it should clear up.

The PIMAFIX is really really good for fungus. If your fish ever get open wounds or cloudy eye us MELAFIX.

Just make sure to turn off the skimmer if you use them. Those bubbles can make a heluva mess!

Back
Top Bottom