Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I had a bad feeling that someone might tell me that after I posted those pictures. I have to admit that up until now I have not had any experience with these types of parasites. I see so much how tangs are prone to ich, so I guess I immediately thought that is what it must be. In the event it is one of the things you suggested, what would have been the best course of action, so I know for next time?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #12
steve-s

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
I have to admit that up until now I have not had any experience with these types of parasites.
Don't beat yourself up about it. Many don't and never will.

Quote:
In the event it is one of the things you suggested, what would have been the best course of action, so I know for next time?
With better detailed pics it might be easier to narrow down but if a "gunshot" approach is needed a series of formlin dips will usually work best. You also need to be careful with tangs especially as they can often be infected with multiple parasites. ie... worms, velvet, uronema, ich ect. Hobbyist diagnosis is not a perfect science at the best of times so there's no one solution for all things. It's finding the one remedy with commonality that best fits multiple possible problems. Sometimes it takes more than one approach or a combination of meds.

Cheers
Steve

Tags
hippo, ich, ick, sick, tan, tang

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com