Hippo Tang with Amyloodinium HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would tweak until you get the desired color. Once you get there, the easiest way to maintain is to dose the change water. Did they give you the little colored slide ruler?

Yep, it came with the slide rule.

Thanks again for all your help guys :)

Thanks,
Rich

The hippo is still the only one in qt, and he seems to be doing better. His color is better but around his belly is a little pale.

I found out why I wasent getting a good reading on the cupramine, my wet/dry had some kind of sponge filter above the bio balls that was trapping it. I removed it wrang some water out and tested, it had a very toxic level of copper it was holding.

I'm gonna put the rest of the fish in qt today, spots just showed up on the domino yesterday.

I'm beginning to think it is just a bad case of ich not velvet. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Rich

Could be ich, you can treat the same. They may have both, we suspected that our did.

Got all fish in qt now, tank is fallow. Looks like I have about 7 long weeks ahead of me. Also did a 25% water change in the qt, I didnt age my change water is this ok?

I got 40lbs of keys rock coming around the 9th of April from liverocks.com, so i'll be looking foward to re-aquascaping my tank to pass the time. Hopefully I get alot of critters.

Thanks again,
Rich

Are you sure it isnt Cryptocaryon irritans.....Ich? Blue's are notorious for getting Ich...

Article by Steven Pro

This fish has been garnished the nick-name of 'ich magnet' by many aquarists, thanks to the likelihood of it developing a case of Cryptocaryon irritans when newly introduced to an aquarium. If the aquarium has appropriate water conditions, which mirror natural sea water as closely as possible, and suitable tank mates, which will not pester the new addition, it should recover from this affliction with little intervention from the hobbyist. Watch closely for a secondary bacterial infection, which is a sure sign that the fish cannot overcome this illness without your help. Upon first observation of this infection, treatment in a quarantine tank should start immediately.

This article is in laymans terms, but is a pretty indepth look at Cryptocaryon irritans. Might want to take a look at it.
http://www.reef-aquarium.net/resources/disease/ich.html

Great article!!

Thanks SquishyFish. I'm pretty sure its ich now, the way it shows up on my domino little specks spaced widely apart. The fish still swim around fine and have appetites. The only problem is the hippo still hides and I never see him eat :?

Thanks,
Rich

Yes the new water should be fine. Get ready for frequent water changes on the qt tanks. I kept a 35 gallon garbage can made up and standing by. Made it much easier. You may also want to "feed" your bacteria in you main twice a week with a raw shrimp.
Very cool with the new rock, I am going to check them out. I want about another 50 lbs for the main and some for when I change my wet dry over to a fuge.
Thanks
Kurt

Would a frozen feeder krill suffice or something from the grocery store?

Thanks,
Rich

acid_burn said:
Great article!!

Thanks SquishyFish. I'm pretty sure its ich now, the way it shows up on my domino little specks spaced widely apart. The fish still swim around fine and have appetites. The only problem is the hippo still hides and I never see him eat :?

Thanks,
Rich

No problem!

Back
Top Bottom