Hitchhiker stole starfish arm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Syn6644

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey you guys! I just wanted to say that you all know so much! I've had so many questions already answered by you geniouses, so thanks again!

Anywho, I've had my tank a little over a year now, and with the liverock that I got immediately after I set it up, I noticed a couple of hairy crabs. One was a little big, maybe 2 1/2 inches across, and red. It looked interesting so I kept it. Big mistake on my part, I know.

Well, today I bought a couple of brittle stars and one was sitting beside one part of the LR for the longest time..when I came back, it finally decided to run across the tank and I discovered that it was now missing an arm. I looked where it had been and ladida, there was that hairy crab, chopped the arm clean down the middle.(Hopefully the star will be okay) So my question is, what do I do with this little nuisance? I would feel bad taking him out and killing him, is there anything else I can do with him? I don't have a fuge or sump up, so that wouldn't be an option. TIA

You might find an LFS that would take him...other than that, maybe ebay? Wouldn't be worth much, but at least you could find him a home that way.

I caught mine using the tilted bottle method....worked great. I caught both of mine within 10 minutes. Good luck!

Great, thanks Nate! I'll try the bottle method as soon as I get a bottle. =) As soon as I do that, I'll see if the LFS will take him. That's a really good idea. He's pretty cool looking, hopefully they'll adopt him. :D

Back
Top Bottom